Department of Political Science Awards and Prizes
- I. Ridgway Davis Pre-Law Scholarship: Given
annually to an undergraduate with an outstanding academic record
who has been accepted for entry to law school.
- Fund for Legal Studies Fellowship: Given annually
to two undergraduate students, with preference to seniors, in
recognition of scholarly achievement and who intend to pursue
degrees in political science, with priority given to students
who plan to enter law school after graduation.
- Mark S. Rudy Scholarship: Given annually to
a full-time CLAS undergraduate student who intends to study
law and have a serious interest in a career which includes providing
legal services to the disadvantaged.
- Augusta H. Gerberich Scholarship: Given annually
to a junior or senior majoring in political science whose special
field of interest is international relations. Preference is
given to female students. The award is based on high levels
of scholastic aptitude and scholastic success, financial need,
and promise of leadership.
- Fanny Dixon Welch Scholarship: Given annually
to a junior or senior female political science major with a
special interest in international relations and public policy
who is a Democrat, registered in Connecticut.
- Alvin Dozeman Award: Given annually to the
undergraduate junior or senior who prepares the best paper on
his or her internship experience.
- Political Science Excellence: Given to upper
division students, usually seniors, who have achieved outstanding
academic records or who otherwise merit special recognition.
- Audrey P. Beck Scholarship: Given to a junior
or senior majoring either in political science or economics
on the basis scholastic achievement and evidence of intent to
pursue a career in public policy broadly defined. Award decision
made jointly by Economics and Political Science Department on
an intermittent basis.
- Jaime B. Cheshire ’99 Endowed Internship Award:
To provide financial support for undergraduate enrolled in the
University’s Department of Political Science within the
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Reiter Senior Award for Graduate Study in Political Science: Given annually to a senior political science student who plans to pursue graduate studies in political science.
- Elizabeth C. Hanson Scholarship: The Elizabeth C. Hanson Scholarship provides up to $1,500 to support students who are pursuing an internship in an international setting or in an organization deeply engaged in international matters. Undergraduates interested in international relations, international political economy, critical global issues, and international culture and institutions are eligible to apply. More information about the scholarship, including details of how to apply, may be found here, http://iisp.uconn.edu/hanson_scholarship.pdf, or from the office of the Individualized & Interdisciplinary Studies Program, CUE 322, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.iisp.uconn.edu.