Each year, the Graduate Affairs Committee selects the recipients of the following awards:
- Norman Kogan Fellowship: Given annually to a graduate student in Political Science who specializes in the study of Western European politics.
- Fund for Legal Studies Fellowship: Given annually to a graduate student in Political Science who specializes in Public Law.
- Governor Abraham Ribicoff Fellowship: Given annually to a graduate student in political science who specializes in the study of American politics. Preference is given to residents of Connecticut.
- George F. Cole Dissertation Fellowship: Awarded to a graduate student in Political Science conducting dissertation research in Public Law. Preference given to a student studying the administration of criminal justice.
- Michael Dunphy Award: Given annually to a graduate student with a strong interest in American government, society, history, or culture. The Political Science Department shares this award with History and Sociology.
- Everett Ladd Fellowship in American Politics: Given annually to a graduate student with the highest scholastic standing who intends to pursue American Politics as a Ph.D. field.
- J. Garry Clifford Graduate Fellowship Fund: To assist in the recruitment and retention of excellent graduate students and offer a recurrent source of graduate student support.
- The Howard L. Reiter Memorial Award for Political Science Graduate Education: To support the University by providing fellowship support for graduate students enrolled full-time in the Political Science Department in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, who have demonstrated academic achievement and financial need.